B Academics Strategic Plan
The vision of B Academics is to advance the state of academic study into business as a force for good.
The Global B Corp Academic Community (B Academics) is a network of educators and researchers from around the world who are committed to accelerating the sustainable business movement by studying the global movement of B Corporation certification and benefit corporations. B Academics work with each other, the global B Lab network, and the B Corp community to share best practices and identify opportunities for collaboration with regard to research, teaching, and experiential learning.
Strategic Priorities & Working Groups
- Organizational and Funding Structure – To develop B Academics organizational and funding structure and opportunities for collaboration with existing academic and professional networks
- Curriculum Innovation and Experiential Learning – To develop, implement, and highlight relevant and engaging curricula and best practices related to B Corps, benefit corporations, and B Impact teams / experiential learning.
- B Local & B Lab Engagement – To collaborate with B Lab and B Locals to help them employ full potential of the academic community for the B movement.
- External Relations and Partnerships – To initiate contact, continue interactions, and forge partnerships with outside organizations that are supportive of entrepreneurs, students, faculty, and others involved in sustainability and social responsibility.
- Events – To facilitate events to advance the B Academics mission and strategic priorities and connect the global B Academic community.
- Sharing the Research - To catalyze, develop, and disseminate rigorous academic research related to Certified B Corporations, Benefit Corporations, and Impact Investing.
President: Jessica Thomas, NC State University
- Organizational and Funding Structure Working Group
- Co-chair: Maria Emilia Correa, Academia B
- Co-chair: Maria Ballesteros-Sola, Cal State University Channel Islands
- Research Working Group
- Co-chair: Joel Gehman, University of Alberta
- Co-chair: Garima Sharma, University of New Mexico
- Curriculum Innovation and Experiential Learning Working Group
- Co-chair: Todd Matthews, Cabrini University
- Co-chair: Jacen Green, Portland State University
- B Local & B Lab Engagement Working Group
- Chair: Fiona Wilson, University of New Hampshire
- Information-sharing Platform Working Group
- Chair: Summer Brown, DePaul University
- External Relations and Partnerships Working Group
- Chair: Mark Starik
- Events Working Group
- Co-chair: Emily Medley, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Co-chair: Jessica Thomas, NC State University